Bahamasbound cruise diverted to New England, Canada after inclement weather, cruise line says ABC News | Makemetechie.com Summary
- "The cruise ship can accommodate up to 5,624 passengers and 1,608 crew members, the cruise line says on its website..
- "The only alternative would have been to take the more extreme step of canceling the cruise -- and thousands of people's vacations -- outright," MSC said..
- "As for the cruise, Montgomery said it's getting "a little depressing because you can imagine as we’re making the most of it, but most people are walking around in coats, gloves and hats..
- "Allen also said they were given such short notice about the decision to change course, saying, "It was beyond short..
- "When they first sent out that message, I wish they would have given us options right in that message and we could at least have a choice," Montgomery told ABC News..
- "Allen and Montgomery said they have been planning for the trip for almost a year, since last February..
Passengers of a cruise who were expecting a sunny getaway in the Bahamas this week were instead sailed to a much colder climate due to severe weather.The MSC Meraviglia was forced to sail from Broo [+2008 chars]