Heres What Its Like to Retire on Almost Nothing but Social Security The Wall Street Journal
News Source : The Wall Street Journal
- And almost no income aside from a monthly Social Security check.Roughly one in seven Social Security recipients ages 65 and older depend on their benefits for nearly all their income, according to an AARP analysis..
- Unable to maintain the lifestyle of their working years, they trim their already trim budgets, move into smaller homes, or rely on the kindness of relatives to get by.Copyright ©2024 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved..
- For non-personal use or to order multiple copies, please contact Dow Jones Reprints at 1-800-843-0008 or visit www.djreprints.com..
- https://www.wsj.com/personal-finance/retirement-only-social-security-benefits-america-a3a706e0Listen to article(2 minutes)Many Americans reach retirement with almost no savings..
- This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only..
- Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law..
Many Americans reach retirement with almost no savings. No 401(k). Few investments. And almost no income aside from a monthly Social Security check.Roughly one in seven Social Security recipients a [+369 chars]