Winnie the Pooh Blood and Honey Director Explains Why Hes Not Adapting Steamboat Willie CBR Comic Book Resources
News Source : CBR - Comic Book Resources
- The movie's premise earned it enough clout to make a killing at the box office, and its director, realizing he has opened a Pandora's Box of opportunities, promises to horrify audiences with adaptations of other storybook IPs..
- "They think just because something's fallen in the public domain you can just make up a version of it and then put it out to market and it's completely fine," Frake-Waterfield asserted..
- "There are things which we had to deal with Winnie the Pooh behind the scenes that were quite big, and I think [the Steamboat Willie projects] might get a bit of a shock soon," he explained..
- "People think it's an easy thing to grasp and just grab hold of, but there are big issues which I think they're not aware of," Frake-Waterfield remarked..
- He said he noticed problems with the adaptations announced recently, many warranting legal action from Disney attorneys.Frake-Waterfield cites recent experience as the reason why he's not making a Mickey Mouse / Steamboat Willie movie..
- Two Steamboat Willie horror films have so far been teased, and a survival horror game based on the character is also in development..
Director Rhys FrakeWaterfield shared valuable advice with producers who plan on adapting Steamboat Willie in any capacity now that the Disney IP is in the public domain dont do it.2023 was a y [+2662 chars]