Portal Revolution is a huge, eighthour mod that bridges the gap between Portal 1 and 2 Rock Paper Shotgun
News Source : Rock Paper Shotgun
- It also adds some new ideas of its own, including a new laser cube variant and a "gel cleansing field" - which presumably strips gels from objects you're holding when they pass through, which I think can be seen in the above trailer..
- 40 fully-voiced test chambersPortal: Revolution is an eight hour fan-made Portal 2 prequel, with 40 new test chambers, voiced characters and new puzzle mechanics..
- Although it also says to "fear not", because they say the puzzles have been thoroughly playtested to make sure that new ideas and advanced tricks are taught to the player via the levels..
- Voiced characters and dialogue always seem to be one area where mods fall down, much more than level or puzzle design, but the above trailer gives me hope Revolution overcomes that particular obstacle..
- Although set before Portal 2, the game makes use of Portal 2's mechanics, including all its paint gels to make surfaces slidey or springy..
- GladOS has been destroyed, sending the Aperture Science Labs into chaos, and you - an unnamed test subject - and a personality sphere called Stirling work to find a "powerful device capable of restoring Aperture to its former glory.".
Portal Revolution is an eight hour fanmade Portal 2 prequel, with 40 new test chambers, voiced characters and new puzzle mechanics. It looks seriously impressive and its out now, with a trailer be [+1867 chars]