Experts express concern over pharmaceutical giant Eli Lillys new website connecting patients to obesity drugs Fox Business
News Source : Fox Business
- "GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HEREEli Lilly said its drugs, meant for obesity, shouldn’t be used for "cosmetic weight loss," a trend that has concerned medical professionals with obesity drugs like Ozempic.Reuters contributed to this report..
- LillyDirect is "designed to offer simple, direct options for independent online and in-person care services," according to its website, connecting patients with doctors remotely through telehealth services..
- "In our view, the DTC (direct-to-consumer) model is ideal for obesity medications and drives uptake and lowers barriers to new patient starts for Zepbound," he added.Some experts have concerns over the drugs being prescribed without an in-person visit, however..
- 'Pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly launched a website this week to connect patients with obesity drugs like Zepbound and Mounjaro..
- For telemedicine services to take place responsibly, there should be an established and valid patient-physician relationship, or the care should happen in consultation with a physician who does have an established relationship with the patient..
- "The American College of Physicians (ACP) is concerned by the development of websites that enable patients to order prescription medications directly from the drugmaker," the organization said in a statement this week..
Pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly launched a website this week to connect patients with obesity drugs like Zepbound and Mounjaro.LillyDirectis designed to offer simple, direct options for independe [+3174 chars]