A CES 2024 preview, 23andMe victim blaming and MITs obesityfighting pill TechCrunch
News Source : TechCrunch
- Fred Thiel, the CEO of Marathon Digital Holdings, a digital asset technology company and the largest publicly traded bitcoin mining firm, joined the episode to talk crypto shop.TC+ subscribers get access to in-depth commentary, analysis and surveys — which you know if you’re already a subscriber..
- The chatbot’s powered by GPT-4, OpenAI’s flagship generative AI model, and fine-tuned specifically for dev scenarios.Frontdesk implodes: Mary Ann writes that Frontdesk, a startup that managed more than 1,000 furnished apartments across the U.S., laid off its entire 200-person workforce Tuesday after attempts to raise more capital failed..
- The two chatted about how the startup scaled the freemium model to grow the now-massive social media reference landing page business.And on Chain Reaction, Jacquelyn dove back into the latest developments on spot bitcoin ETF applications in the U.S. as anticipation builds..
- Don’t panic — TechCrunch has you covered.On a throwback episode of Equity, Morgan interviewed Shruti Dwivedi — the co-founder and CEO of health tech startup Duly, which is focused on simplifying and personalizing contraception for young women in India and beyond — at TechCrunch Disrupt 2023..
- Also on the agenda are spiders and body butter, Fidelity marking down X’s valuation, Meta cutting the price of the Quest 2 and MIT scientists’ vibrating obesity pill.It’s a lot to get through, so we won’t delay..
- Early tests are promising — giving animals the pill 20 minutes before eating reduced their consumption by around 40% — but the capsule is a long way from human trials.In need of new podcasts to fill out your rotation?.
Welcome, folks, to Week in Review (WiR), TechCrunchs regular newsletter that recaps the week in tech that was. Hope the holidays were restful for those who observed them. We at TC, for our parts, ar [+5551 chars]