Leonardo DiCaprio Shouldnt Have Played Idiot in Flower Moon, Says Paul Schrader Rolling Stone
News Source : Rolling Stone
- “Give [Scorsese] $200 million, a good film will inevitably come out of it.” Scorsese previously revealed that DiCaprio was meant to play the film’s FBI agent Tom White, but that DiCaprio asked to change his role..
- “I would have preferred Leonardo DiCaprio to play the role of the cop in Killers of the Flower Moon rather than the role of the idiot,” he said..
- “The real story, we felt, was not necessarily coming from the outside, with the bureau, but rather from the inside, from Oklahoma.” Earlier this year, Scorsese spoke to Rolling Stone about preparing for this film by meeting with the Osage people..
- In a new interview with French publication Le Monde, the screenwriter — who has worked with Martin Scorsese on iconic films Raging Bull and Taxi Driver — shared his dissatisfaction with Leonardo DiCaprio playing “the idiot” Ernest Burkhart instead of the FBI agent in Killers of the Flower Moon..
- He takes on the role of Burkhart, the husband of Mollie Burkart (Lily Gladstone), instead in the film based on David Grann’s bestselling 2017 book, Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI..
- “Spending three-and-a-half hours in the company of an idiot is a long time.” Regardless, Schrader liked the movie..
Paul Schrader would like a word, please. In a new interview with French publication Le Monde, the screenwriter who has worked with Martin Scorsese on iconic filmsRaging BullandTaxi Driver shared h [+1707 chars]