Teamsters have authorized a strike at AnheuserBusch KSDK.com | Makemetechie.com Summary
- Around 99% of the brewery's unionized workers reportedly voted in favor of the strike.The members of the union are demanding the following changes: The union estimated that 5,000 members across 12 US breweries would benefit from these changes..
- "If Anheuser-Busch’s executives can’t get their act together to negotiate an agreement that respects workers, we will see them out on the streets.”The union said Anheuser-Busch ended tiered healthcare and recommitted to retiree health benefits in November after pressure from the union..
- Despite a drop in the brewer's North American beer sales widely attributed to fallout from a company promotion with a transgender influencer, the company's revenue still saw a 5% increase for the July-September period..
- We are committed to negotiating in good faith with the union to reach an agreement that recognizes and rewards the talent, commitment, and drive of our employees..
- Since then, the company has not negotiated on " important job security," despite multiple requests from union members..
- Union members in New Hampshire, California, and Florida may also join the strike..
ST. LOUIS A strike is set for 2024 if AnheuserBusch fails to negotiate a new agreement with their employees, according to the Teamsters National Negotiating Committee. Around 99% of the brewerys un [+2050 chars]