Biden admin official who crafted EV regs demoted in surprise Friday evening move Fox News | Makemetechie.com Summary
- While the position didn't require Senate confirmation, Carlson oversaw key agency initiatives in that role and began serving as acting administrator in September 2022.TOP REPUBLICANS LAUNCH PROBE INTO LEONARDO DICAPRIO-FUNDED BLUE STATE LAWSUITS AGAINST BIG OILThen in February 2023, Biden nominated Carlson to permanently lead NHTSA..
- CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPCruz has argued that Carlson maintaining her position as acting administrator violated the Federal Vacancies Reform Act which prohibits "any person who has been nominated to fill any vacant office from performing that office’s duties in an acting capacity.".
- Her nomination failed in May, but she continued to lead the agency, including crafting the most aggressive national fuel economy standards ever crafted..
- (Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)"As Senate Republicans pointed out repeatedly, Ann Carlson was serving as acting administrator contrary to the law," Commerce Committee Ranking Member Ted Cruz, R-Texas, told Fox News Digital..
- "Her attempts to hijack this safety agency by rewriting auto fuel economy standards into an unpopular de facto EV mandate should not stand as a result of her illegal appointment..
- "As Senate Republicans pointed out repeatedly, Ann Carlson was serving as acting administrator contrary to the law," Commerce Committee Ranking Member Ted Cruz, R-Texas, told Fox News Digital..
A top federal official who helped craft regulations aimed at pushing future electric vehicle (EV) use is departing the Biden administration in an unexpected move, according to an internal agency memo [+4109 chars]