Sony Reveals Standalone MR Headset with 4K OLED Displays and Unique Controllers Road to VR
News Source : Road to VR
- Questions on our mind for instance—will this headset be OpenXR compatible or designed to work only with proprietary implementations?The Sony MR headset hasn’t been priced but the company says a release date will come this year.This article may contain affiliate links..
- The headset is yet-unnamed, but the company says it’s aimed at creatives building 3D content and will launch this year.Sony’s unnamed standalone MR headset is based on Qualcomm’s XR2+ Gen 2 processor and is said to include 1.3-inch “4K” OLED microdisplays..
- but to be fair, “spacial computing” in that thesis is eg “an auto-flushing toilet”Spatial computing has been used by others like Microsoft to referring to application where the focus is understanding the positions of objects in space and interacting with them..
- Sony is partnering closely with Siemens to make the company’s NX CAD software compatible with the headset.While the headset’s OS will undoubtedly be based on Android, it isn’t clear what kind of OS layer Sony will build on top or how flexible it will be..
- There was even talk a while back from the parent company Sony about a VR headset that wasn’t targeting console gamers..
- guess this site will be renamed “road to spatial computing” nextSpatial computing is the next buzzword, so no wonder they are using it.It’s so fkin meaningless already..
Today at CES Sony revealed a new standalone MR headset equipped with 4K OLED displays. The headset is yetunnamed, but the company says its aimed at creatives building 3D content and will launch t [+1458 chars]