I walked 10000 steps every day for a week instead of going to the gym here are 3 things I learned TechRadar
News Source : TechRadar
- Consistency is key, and the NHS says that even 10 minutes of brisk walking per day can have significant health benefits.I decided to ditch the gym for a week and try walking 10,000 steps each day instead..
- What if you could get fit just by going for a nice walk each day?For years, the messaging has been to go for 10,000 steps per day..
- One 2022 study focusing on adults aged between 40 to 79 years old found that walking up to 10,000 steps per day was associated with a lower risk of mortality, cancer, and cardiovascular disease, for example..
- (I'd say a fitness tracker is also pretty useful, so you're not relying on guesswork, and so you get that sweet dopamine hit when your wrist buzzes to tell you you've hit your step goal each day..
- It kind of goes without saying, but how achievable 10,000 steps a day is is going to vary from person to person, depending on how walkable your surrounding area is, what your commute looks like and so on..
- For an exercise class, I need a complete change of clothing (which needs to be washed later), I need to factor in time to shower and change, and I need to physically get myself to the right location at the right time..
January is traditionally the time of year when people go on a health kick, and perhaps along with it embrace an ambitious new exercise regime. But what if burpees, weights and buckets of sweat arent [+5450 chars]