Apple Not Expected To Switch To Custom WiFi chips Until 2025, With Supplier Broadcom Said To Be Financially Impacted After A Few Years Wccftech | Makemetechie.com Summary
- With its custom SoCs, industry watchers believe that the technology giant’s prowess in this area is unmatched, but when it comes to developing custom 5G modems and Wi-Fi chips, Apple is severely lagging behind its suppliers, Broadcom and Qualcomm..
- Broadcom may find itself in a similar position, and even though it may face severe losses due to losing iPhone orders, there are millions of devices that Apple manufactures and ships that do not fall in the ‘mobile phone’ category..
- There is a possibility that these custom Wi-Fi chips will not arrive in 2025, but assuming that they do, Broadcom will face a financial beatdown..
- Unfortunately, the investment does not appear to be fruitful as the Cupertino firm has encountered ‘certain bottlenecks,’ with some rumors claiming that the company had abandoned development altogether..
- Apple’s quest to have as much chip control as possible for a wide range of products is not going as the company anticipated..
Apples quest to have as much chip control as possible for a wide range of products is not going as the company anticipated. With its custom SoCs, industry watchers believe that the technology giants [+2515 chars]