New York Gov. Kathy Hochul to Reject Ban on Noncompete Agreements WSJ The Wall Street Journal | Makemetechie.com Summary
- Kathy Hochul vetoed legislation that would have banned noncompete agreements for employees, after business groups warned such a measure would push jobs out of state.Hochul, a Democrat, said Friday that she supported eliminating noncompete agreements for low and middle-income workers..
- She had floated a compromise with Democratic lawmakers in Albany in which noncompete clauses would remain for higher-paid employees but a flurry of negotiations, including through Friday, ended without a deal.Copyright ©2023 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved..
- For non-personal use or to order multiple copies, please contact Dow Jones Reprints at 1-800-843-0008 or visit www.djreprints.com..
- Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law..
- This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only..
ALBANY, N.Y.New York Gov. Kathy Hochul is expected to veto legislation that would have banned noncompete agreements for employees after talks over compromise amendments appeared to break down late Fr [+411 chars]