How to spot a credit card skimming device WGHP FOX8 Greensboro
News Source : WGHP FOX 8 Greensboro
- Some also create fake numerical keypads that record the keystrokes of users, to steal such passwords.Before putting your card into a reader, the FBI says there are some easy and effective ways to protect your information..
- Local law enforcement agencies should also be made aware of possible scams.As for the skimming devices found in Massachusetts, a supermarket spokesperson said customers that shopped and used self-checkout lanes at those grocery stores on or before Christmas Eve may have been impacted..
- Be sure to inspect the reader and look for any loose parts or damage..
- Scratches or damage to adhesive tape can also be indicators that it has been tampered with..
- Still, there had been no reports of compromised customer data several days after the devices were found..
- This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed..
SUDBURY, Mass. (NEXSTAR/WWLP) The discovery of credit card skimmers at multiple New Englandarea retail outlets has prompted local authorities to urge customers to be wary of similar scams.On Chris [+3668 chars]