False and deceptive Woman sues Hersheys over Reeses candy without faces WJW FOX 8 News Cleveland
News Source : fox8.com
- According to documents, the woman said she “would not have purchased” the candy if she knew the Reese’s did not have the detailed carvings.If a judge grants the lawsuit class-action status, it would apply to “all consumers within the State of Florida” who bought the “misleading” Reese’s products..
- “The matter in controversy exceeds the sum or value of $5,000,000, exclusive of interest and costs, and this is a class action in which the number of members of the proposed class is not less than 100,” the lawsuit said..
- “It is kind of deceptive because on the front of the package they make it look like there is a little face cut into them, a jack-o-lantern face, and that is not the case..
- The lawsuit notes the packaging hasn’t always been “deceptive and misleading,” but claims Hershey’s changed it in order to boost sales and revenues..
- It’s like a pumpkin with faces and a little mouth — then you open up the packet and you are presented with that monstrosity,” they said..
- I have bought these, like I said, for years now and they do not have a face cut into them….I just don’t think they should do that..
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) A Florida woman filed a hefty classaction lawsuit against The Hershey Company, claiming the chocolate maker used false and deceptive advertising for its Reeses [+3831 chars]