Cher seeks conservatorship of son Elijah Blue Allman Entertainment Weekly News
News Source : Entertainment Weekly
- The filing says, "[Cher] loves Elijah immensely and has always acted with his best interests in mind," and that the singer has been "unable to discuss his preferences concerning the appointment of a temporary conservator" due to his "current mental and physical health issues.".
- The documents claim that Allman, 47, is “substantially unable to manage his financial resources" because of “severe mental health and substance abuse issues” and that a conservator is "urgently needed... to protect Elijah’s property from loss or injury.".
- Per PEOPLE, the filing goes on to say that Cher, 77, is worried that Allman will immediately spend distributions from her trust on drugs, adding that the singer "worked tirelessly to get Elijah into treatment and get him the help he needs.".
- It also states that Allman’s estranged wife Marieangela King would not make a reliable conservator because "their tumultuous relationship has been marked by a cycle of drug addiction and mental health crises.".
- The move allegedly comes as a result of Allman’s “severe” substance abuse issues, according to case documents obtained by PEOPLE..
- PEOPLE also reports that a hearing for a temporary order is scheduled for Jan. 5, 2024, and a hearing for a permanent order is scheduled for March 6, 2024..
Cher has filed to place her son Elijah Blue Allman in a conservatorship.The move allegedly comes as a result of Allmans severe substance abuse issues, according to case documents obtained by PEOPLE [+1675 chars]