Nintendo starts shutting down online play for Wii U and 3DS, months ahead of schedule Engadget
News Source : Engadget
- It looks like Nintendo has already begun to restrict the Wii U and 3DS’s ability to play online, according to multiple users and media outlets like Nintendo Life..
- So, now, you can’t buy new games or go online with your old games..
- This may not impact every player just yet, so head online with your console to give it a shot..
- The company’s silly-yet-engaging Miiverse social network, which operated on both consoles, was shut down in 2017, though there’s a post archive.This is sad, but it happens..
- If you’ve been planning on spending the tail-end of your holiday break revisiting the original Splatoon for Wii U or Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, you could be out of luck..
- This started just before Christmas Eve, which is a real Bowser move.We knew this was coming, but Nintendo originally said the shutdown wouldn’t happen until early April..
If youve been planning on spending the tailend of your holiday break revisiting the original Splatoon for Wii U or Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, you could be out of luck. It looks like Nintend [+1540 chars]