The Vivo X100 Pro and X100 are launching internationally The Verge | Makemetechie.com Summary
- Vivo says it’s been tuned with “Optical Precision Calibration” for “consistent sharpness and quality.” The X100 Pro’s 50-megapixel telephoto camera also gets a bump up to 4.3x optical magnification versus 2x on the previous model..
- There’s also a floating lens element — which, no, doesn’t literally float — to enable close-up photography with the tele lens..
- It’s nice to see Vivo doubling down on lens quality — in my tests, the X90 Pro showed some lens aberrations that spoiled some of my images..
- So the primary differences are the camera ones detailed above.Vivo’s X90 Pro showed a lot of promise when I tested its camera earlier this year against the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra..
- Both phones have 50-megapixel ultrawide cameras as well as a secondary imaging chip, but the X100’s is an older V2 while the Pro gets the newest V3, enabling 4K cinematic portrait video.The X100 and X100 Pro are both built on MediaTek’s Dimensity 9300 flagship chipset..
- Vivo seems to agree since lens improvements are a major emphasis on its new flagship smartphones: the Vivo X100 and Vivo X100 Pro..
Vivos X100 Pro offers another massive camera sensor to an international audienceVivos X100 Pro offers another massive camera sensor to an international audience / The formerly Chinaonly device i [+3144 chars]