Almost 5 million blenders sold at Costco, Target and Walmart are recalled because blades are breaking off CBS News
News Source : CBS News
- "While none of the reported incidents resulted in serious injury or significant property damage, out of an abundance of caution, our company updated the base of the BlendJet 2 to feature thicker blades and an improved electrical configuration," BlendJet said in a news release..
- The updates were incorporated many months ago, it added.Consumer Reports offered a somewhat different take, noting that it began raising safety concerns to the CPSC and BlendJet about the recalled blenders in August..
- Beyond the 4.8 million recalled blenders sold in the U.S., another roughly 117,000 were sold in Canada.Kate Gibson is a reporter for CBS MoneyWatch in New York..
- Consumers can also go here to identify the blenders.Consumers are urged to stop using the blenders and to contact BlendJet for a free base unit replacement, according to the CPSC notice..
- Offered in a variety of colors and designs, the recalled blenders contain serial numbers where the first four digits range between 5201 to 5542..
- "In one complaint involving an injury, a consumer reported that the blender started smoking while plugged in, and the complainant's son reportedly burned his finger when unplugging it," CR stated..
BlendJet Inc. is recalling about 4.8 million portable blenders sold at Costco, Target and Walmart after receiving reports of blades breaking off as well as the product overheating or catching fire, r [+2449 chars]