Spirit Airlines fires gate agent who put unaccompanied 6yearold on wrong flight ABC News
News Source : ABC News
- "[As] soon as we discovered the error, we took immediate steps to communicate with the family and reconnect them," the airline said.Ramos said Spirit reimbursed her for having to travel to Orlando to pick up her grandson.24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events.
- "This agent is no longer working with Spirit, and any individual whose actions resulted in the incorrect boarding will be held accountable for failing to follow our procedures," Spirit said in a statement..
- "I keep thinking about, how about if somebody would have stolen my grandson," she said.Spirit said the child was "always under the care and supervision" of an airline employee..
- "The incident occurred during a record-breaking travel holiday rush, with AAA calling it the "busiest air travel season ever..
- "We are also reiterating our procedures to the team, and we are in communication with the child’s family about this matter..
- She told "Good Morning America" earlier this week that his luggage landed in Fort Myers but there was no sign of him..
Spirit Airlines said it has fired the gate agent who put an unaccompanied minor on the wrong Florida flight last week.The child identified by his family as a 6yearold boy named Casper was t [+1690 chars]