Netflix struggling to attract young viewers despite CoComelon success Business Insider
News Source : Business Insider
- Although Netflix has spent years investing heavily in original streaming content, one of the streaming giant's most popular shows right now is a children's animated series that continues to air on YouTube called "CoComelon..
- That's more than the watch time of all four seasons of "Stranger Things" combined.But despite the show's wild popularity, Netflix continues to struggle to bring in younger viewers, new data shows..
- Kids, Young Adults and Classics, told the Journal that families with children canceled their service at a lower rate than households without them.One of the ways they compete in that realm is by capitalizing on hit shows like "CoComelon" and bringing them on to their streaming platforms..
- Streaming giants are trying to figure out what kind of content will attract these youth viewers, a demographic that's key to securing and retaining subscribers..
- Nielsen data on Netflix's streaming viewership showed that viewers 2- to 11 years old made up 21% of its audience in September..
- "In just the first half of 2023, "CoComelon," and its six seasons currently on Netflix, were watched for 601 million hours, Business Insider senior correspondent Katie Notopoulos noted..
Although Netflix has spent years investing heavily in original streaming content, one of the streaming giants most popular shows right now is a childrens animated series that continues to airon You [+1878 chars]