Velos Predictions for 2024 Narrower Bars, 1X on the Road, and Defined Gravel Bike Categories Outside Magazine
News Source : Outside
- Bikes already in this spectrum include the BMC Kaius, Canyon Grail, Specialized Crux (despite the round tube sets, it is seen as a fast bike), and others.Then comes the adventure bikes, which offer wider clearance, more upright body positioning, and a greater array of mounts..
- I’m pulling every ounce of clairvoyance I have in my body to make predictions about what road and gravel bike tech trends we’ll see in 2024.Some of these predictions come from my reading of the tea leaves, particularly the ones about new groupsets in 2024..
- The real change will be that we’ll start to see 1x drivetrains on off-the-shelf road bikes.Sram Apex AXS – a volume drivetrain for off-the-shelf bikes – is only available with a 1x drivetrain..
- But for people not looking for marginal gains on their bike, using a 1x drivetrain makes a whole more sense.I still think that 1x drivetrains will stand as an outlier on pro race bikes, though Classified might have something to say about that..
- These are the gravel bikes for people who are just looking to get out there and possibly load up their bikes once a year for some overnight camping.What happens at the entry level?.
- I propose two delineations: performance gravel bikes, and adventure gravel bikes..