Catastrophic AI harms among warnings in declaration signed by 28 nations | Makemetechie.com Summary
- The UK hosted an AI Safety Summit attended by countries including the US and China.
- The event included the signing of The Bletchley Declaration which warns of potential harm from advanced AI and calls for international cooperation to ensure responsible AI deployment.
- There is potential for serious even catastrophic harm either deliberate or unintentional stemming from the most significant capabilities of these AI models reads the declaration.
- The summit began an international dialogue on AI safety it stopped short of setting specific policy goals.
- There remains a lack of consensus on what global AI regulations should entail or who should be responsible for drafting them.
Enlarge/ UK Technology Secretary Michelle Donelan (front row center) is joined by international counterparts for a group photo at the AI Safety Summit at Bletchley Park in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamsh [+4445 chars]