- It’s reportedly expected to be draw a group of about 100 officials from 28 countries, including U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris and executives from key U.S. artificial intelligence companies including OpenAI, Google’s DeepMind and Anthropic..
- British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak will host a two-day summit focused on frontier AI..
- It’s reportedly expected to draw a group of about 100 officials from 28 countries, including U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and executives from key U.S. artificial intelligence companies including OpenAI, Google’s Deepmind and Anthropic..
- “And so I’m not surprised that it’s also making its way into what they might be saying to U.K. officials.” Tech companies shouldn’t be involved in drafting regulations because they tend to “underestimate or downplay” the urgency and full range of harms, Raji said..
- In a speech last week, Sunak said only governments — not AI companies — can keep people safe from the technology’s risks..
- They’re based on foundation models, which are algorithms trained on a broad range of information scraped from the internet to provide a general, but not infallible, base of knowledge.That makes frontier AI systems “dangerous because they’re not perfectly knowledgeable,” Clune said..
By KELVIN CHAN AP Business WriterLONDON (AP) Chatbots like ChatGPT wowed the world with their ability to write speeches, plan vacations or hold a conversation as good as or arguably even better t [+7216 chars]