- The California Department of Motor Vehicles DMV has shut down Cruise s driverless operations in the state.
- The suspension followed two notable accidents involving Cruise s robotaxis.
- In August one person was injured after a Cruise vehicle crashed into a fire truck.
- And earlier this month a pedestrian using a crosswalk was found in critical condition after a driver of another vehicle struck the pedestrian and threw her into the path of an oncoming Cruise robotaxi.
- This hit and run incident is still being investigated.
- Cruise promised that its teams have immediately begun working on potential enhancements to the AV s response to rare circumstances.
58 with Less than three months after the California Public Utilities Commission approved robotaxiservice Cruises plan to provide aroundtheclock driverless rides to passengers in San Francisco, [+4113 chars]