- Stanford University researchers issued a report on major AI models and found them greatly lacking in transparency.
- The report called The Foundation Model Transparency Index examined models such as GPT created by OpenAI Google Meta Anthropic and others.
- It aims to shed light on the data and human labor used in training the models calling for increased disclosure from companies.
- Less transparency makes it harder for other businesses to know if they can safely build applications that rely on commercial foundation models says the researchers.
- The authors of the Transparency Index hope that it will not only spur companies to improve their transparency but also serve as a resource for governments grappling with how to potentially regulate the rapidly growing AI field.
4 with On Wednesday, Stanford University researchers issued a report on major AI models and found them greatly lacking in transparency, reports Reuters. The report, called The Foundation Model Tra [+3718 chars]