- This October has seen two papers that claim to describe how a key component of evolutionary theory selection fits in with other areas of physics.
- Both papers are published in prestigious journals Nature and PNAS so they can t be summarily dismissed.
- But they re both pretty limited in ways that probably are the product of the interests and biases of their authors.
- One of them may be the worst written paper I ve ever seen in a major journal.
- The theory can easily be explained in a series of less than two dozen tweet length social media posts as demonstrated by Carl Bergstrom.
Enlarge/ Does Assembly Theory have useful things to say about evolution? The paper written by its proponents makes that difficult to tell.2 with Usually, when someone starts talking about the int [+5414 chars]