- X formerly known as Twitter became the first platform fined under Australia s Online Safety Act.
- X failed to respond to more than a dozen key questions from Australia eSafety Commissioner Julie Inman Grant.
- X was given days to appeal the decision or pay the approximately fine.
- While the fine seems small the reputational ding could further hurt X s chances of persuading advertisers to increase spending on the platform.
- Any failure to comply or respond could trigger even more fines with X potentially on the hook for as much as daily for alleged non compliance dating back to March.
38 with Today, X (formerly known as Twitter) became the first platform fined under Australias Online Safety Act. The fine comes after X failed to respond to more than a dozen key questions from Au [+3185 chars]