- PLD Space is the first of Europe s new space launch companies to have some credible success.
- Saturday s modest flight represented the dawn of the European commercial space age.
- The launch bankruptcies we have seen in the United States with companies such as Vector and Virgin Orbit are equally likely in Europe as the competition continues.
- If the industry is to succeed it seems incumbent upon the European Space Agency and nations to provide guaranteed launch contracts to ensure the startups do not fold before flying.
- The success of Miura this week should embolden supporters of this approach.
Enlarge/ The Miura 1 rocket takes flight from Southern Spain.5 with A Spanish launch company claimed success on Saturday after its suborbital Miura 1 rocket lifted off and achieved an altitude of [+4937 chars]