- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella showed up at the Google antitrust trial on Monday to back the Department of Justice s argument that Google used unfair tactics to block competitors like Bing.
- The DOJ is arguing that Google uses default search contracts to block opportunities for search competitors like Microsoft's Bing.
- Nadellas efforts to support the DOJ seemingly required that the CEO walk back some of his earliest remarks hyping AI powered Bing as potentially giving Microsoft a long sought after competitive advantage over Google.
- In Silicon Valley Internet search is the biggest no fly zone which the Journal characterized as the hardest market to crack.
- Even Microsoft's seeming lead in artificial intelligence it invested billions into OpenAI likely won't be enough to change that.
Enlarge/ Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella arrives at federal court on October 2, 2023 in Washington, DC. Nadella is testifying in the antitrust trial to determine if Alphabet Inc.s Google maintains a mon [+3975 chars]