Affordable, hightech EVs in focus at Munichs IAA Mobility 2023 | TechCrunch
- Image Credits: Mercedes-BenzThe CLA concept car is the first of Mercedes’ new entry-level EV class that will underpin the automaker’s future compact and midsize EVs.
- Tesla has sparked an EV price war around the world, something Mercedes will take into account when it’s time to price its new electric class.Image Credits: BMW MiniMini is hoping to capture the attention of Americans by going big, or going home.
- Each display will have different sizes and features.The first display, an 11.9-inch screen sitting directly in front of the driver, shows the gauge cluster and other vehicle information.
- Renault says 90% of the car’s mass, including the battery, is recyclable.It’s also got the roominess to attract families carting kids and soccer balls and cellos and groceries, with a flat glass roof and a nine-foot wheelbase.
- With the rear seats removed and the front passenger seat folded down, that extends to about 132 cubic feet.The Grand Kangoo’s 45 kWh battery gives the motor a polite 165 miles of range, which is fine, but not amazing.
- The four-door coupe promises a range of 466 miles, a direct challenge to the Tesla Model S, which offers up to 405 miles of range, according to EPA estimates.
Automakers around the world have been making an appearance this week at IAA Mobility 2023 in Munich, the largest auto show in Europe.One of the biggest themes at the event this year was the heighte [+9754 chars]