Chinas Xi will skip G20 summit in India during a period of soured bilateral relations
- “Premier Li Qiang will elaborate on China’s views and propositions on G20 cooperation, promote the G20 to strengthen solidarity and cooperation and work together to address global economic and development challenges,” she said.
- It turned into a long-running standoff in the rugged mountainous area, where each side has stationed tens of thousands of military personnel backed by artillery, tanks and fighter jets.Frictions have also risen over trade and India’s growing strategic ties with China’s main rival, the United States.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin, who faces war crimes charges over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, will also be skipping the summit, although he does plan to visit close partner China next month.
- It is not clear when such a meeting could take place as a question mark now hangs over whether Xi will attend the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum leader’s gathering in San Francisco in November.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping is apparently skipping this week’s Group of 20 summit in India as bilateral relations remain icy.
- (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein, Pool, File)BEIJING (AP) — Chinese President Xi Jinping is apparently skipping this week’s Group of 20 summit in India as bilateral relations remain icy.
BEIJING (AP) Chinese President Xi Jinping is apparently skipping this weeks Group of 20 summit in India as bilateral relations remain icy.Instead, Premier Li Qiang will represent China at the Sept. [+4374 chars]