Better.coms public market debut was Miserable.com
- On another note, if you want to receive The Interchange directly in your inbox every Sunday, head here to sign up!The biggest fintech news of the week centered around Better.com’s no good, very bad public market debut.
- This is a company that two years ago had planned to go public at a $7.7 billion valuation.Now, we knew Better.com’s stock wouldn’t exactly perform well.
- With rates this high, Better.com’s attempt to turn its business around will be even more challenging.Phil Haslett, co-founder and chief strategy officer of EquityZen, had this to say about the company’s choosing to move forward with its delayed SPAC despite all the negative headlines over the past 20 months.
- The company said it was exiting the year with achieving profitability on an adjusted operating income (AOI) basis and that its revenue was up 22% year-over-year to $446 million.
- Better.com finally went public last week, and the stock’s performance was worse than expected.
- He got it done.”To hear the Equity podcast team riff more about the company and its bomb of a public debut, check out the below link.
Welcome back to The Interchange, where we take a look at the hottest fintech news of the previous week.Better.com finally went public last week, and the stocks performance was worse than expected. [+8396 chars]