Sam Altman launches eyeballscanning Worldcoin to drastically increase economic opportunity | TechCrunch
- Individuals can download World App, the startup’s protocol-compatible wallet software, and visit an Orb, the startup’s helmet-shaped eyeball-scanning verification device, to receive their World ID.As TechCrunch has previously noted, Worldcoin is perhaps one of the most audacious efforts to bribe the world to embrace their currency.
- For the first 15 years, the startup is capping the total supply to 10 billion “WLD” tokens, it said (more on this below).
- Between May 2021 and July 2023, more than 2 million individuals verified their World IDs at an Orb across more than 30 different countries, the startup said.Sam Altman's Worldcoin salespeople/volunteers/whatever have reached the neighborhood.
- The project has received criticism for exploitative practices in poor countries.
- 25 tokens for your retina scan.
Worldcoin, Sam Altmans audacious eyeballscanning crypto startup, has started the global rollout of its services to help build a reliable solution for distinguishing humans from AI online, enable [+2026 chars]