Michael Moritz moves on, bookmarking a long chapter at Sequoia Capital | TechCrunch
- The decision, said Sequoia, would also enable the firm to “further increase our investments in emerging asset classes such as cryptocurrencies.”While over the long term the move may prove fruitful, its timing proved inauspicious.
- Earlier this year, David Cahn agreed to join Sequoia Capital as a partner on its growth team after spending more than five years with Coatue Management.
- “It’s been a long time coming, but it comes at a bad time.”The world of startup investing is still recovering from years of froth, for one thing.
- Sequoia Capital Global Equities, Sequoia’s hedge fund unit, also has an office there.According to a recent Bloomberg piece, Heritage was designed to work closely with Sequoia but has always retained the right to make its own investment decisions.
- Over time, we will partner with portfolio companies to smoothly transition Sequoia board seats currently occupied by Michael.Sequoia Capital wouldn’t be what it is today without Michael.
- (Firm founder Don Valentine famously attended partner meetings for 10 years after handing the reins to Moritz and Leone.
Michael Moritz, the journalistturnedVC who has long been one of the most prominent and respected investors at Sequoia Capital, has left the firm to deepen his advisory relationship with Sequoia H [+9058 chars]