Neura Robotics picks up $55M to ramp up in cognitive robotics | TechCrunch
- So, I ended up founding my own company to realize my idea of cognitive robotics.Reger’s “casual” description of what cognitive robots means says something about the functionality that the company aims to create with its machines.
- Neura Robotics, a German startup that since 2019 has been building cognitive robots — machines that possess memory, the ability to operate across a complex and changing mix of variables, and can collaborate with people (“cobots” as Neura calls them) — has raised $55 million.
- “This is particularly true for robotic automation and has been a bottleneck in bringing cutting-edge machine learning and cognitive capabilities into the industrial and services world for many years.
- But I was sure that in the long run, it would make more sense to modify the robots themselves so that they could be used safely in any environment alongside humans.
- The aim is to keep up the pace it’s set so far, and deliver that cognitive “one-device robotic platform” in two years.
- Physically.”The platform that Neura has built can be trained and operated in any language and dialect, he said, and they work online and offline.
Neura Robotics, a German startup that since 2019 has been building cognitive robots machines that possess memory, the ability to operate across a complex and changing mix of variables, and can coll [+7280 chars]