Herself Health, providing primary care to women 65 and over, raises $26M
- Women are also more likely than men to be diagnosed with osteoporosis, autoimmune diseases and Alzheimer’s.The company currently operates one clinic in St. Paul, Minnesota and provides a “whole person” approach that includes health, wellness, mobility, mental health and social and behavioral health.
- After co-founding biosensor company Profusa, she went on to work at Amazon, where she helped found and lead the company’s Amazon Care division in 2019.During the next three years, there was a focus on creating a positive experience for patients.
- The company has now raised $33 million to date.“The company was showing superb traction in patient acquisition and using the seed money to scale to really get a terrific return,” Cline said in an interview.
- Herself Health conducted its own survey with more than 700 women in this age range regarding primary care and found that women in this age group are more likely to be misdiagnosed than men.
- They have proven the ability to acquire patients, so now it’s just a question of kind of refining both of those over time as they scale.”With the new funding, Herself Health has plans to expand its footprint in the next 18 months.
- “The most important thing is that we get really terrific talent on the clinical staff and really build out our deep competency in women’s health issues.
Kristen Helton is no stranger to the healthcare needs of patients. After cofounding biosensor company Profusa, she went on to work at Amazon, where she helped found and lead the companys Amazon Care [+3830 chars]