eBay acquires AIpowered product authentication company Certilogo
- Brands will also be able to protect their customers from counterfeits and engage in recommerce through counterfeit-proof digital product passports.”When eBay first announced the purchase back in May, the company said the acquisition marked a key investment in the growing pre-loved fashion category.
- eBay’s acquisition indicates that it’s looking to boost secondhand fashion authentication on its marketplace.“We are excited to welcome the talented Certilogo team to eBay, as they bring their passion and cutting-edge technology to our community of fashion enthusiasts,” said eBay VP Charis Marquez in a statement.
- The Milan-based company will continue to be led by CEO Michele Casucci.Certilogo uses digital technology to help brands manage the lifecycle of their garments, while providing consumers a way to confirm authenticity and access reliable information about items.
- eBay announced today that it has closed its acquisition of Certilogo, a company that provides AI-powered apparel and fashion goods digital IDs and authentication.
- In February, the company acquired AI-powered fraud detection company 3PM Shield.eBay appoints new head of emerging markets, covering regions like Southeast Asia and India
- The company said the purchase solidifies eBay as a trusted destination to shop for pre-loved apparel and fashion.
eBay announced today that it has closed its acquisition of Certilogo, a company that provides AIpowered apparel and fashion goods digital IDs and authentication. The financial terms of the deal were [+2103 chars]