ExFin Capital general partner, who led its investment in Pipe, starts new venture firm
- Peter Ackerson has departed from his role as general partner at fintech-focused venture firm Fin Capital and started a new firm, Audere Capital.According to his LinkedIn profile, Ackerson — who joined Fin Capital in August of 2019 — stopped working at that firm in January of this year.
- While his profile shows that he became a general partner of Audere Capital in February 2023, it appears that he only updated his online presence to reflect his new position this week.
- For a while, Pipe was quite buzzy, catapulting to a $2 billion valuation on the premise that it helped SaaS companies generate non-dilutive cash with a model that provided upfront capital for recurring revenue.
- Peter departed the firm to pursue other opportunities and remains a close friend and ally of the firm.
- With respect to Pipe, our team is collaborating closely with Luke Voiles, who is a terrific CEO and has our full support as the team focuses on the next phase of growth for the company.
- Fin was an investor in SoFi, and has backed the likes of Figure, Hummingbird and Elevate.While at Fin Capital, which appears to have been his first VC role, Ackerson served on the boards of companies such as Maxwell, Teampay, Pipe, SamCart and Ternary.
Peter Ackerson has departed from his role as general partner at fintechfocused venture firm Fin Capital and started a new firm, Audere Capital.According to his LinkedIn profile, Ackerson who first [+3708 chars]