Nextdoor launches new Assistant feature powered by OpenAIs ChatGPT
- The new Assistant feature, which is being tested with select users, is powered by OpenAI’s ChatGPT.The Assistant feature is designed to help users write posts that are more likely to drive positive community engagement.
- As a result, Nextdoor can better match content to users and provide more targeted recommendations for local news, events and activities.Friar says Nextdoor is prioritizing safety with this launch, noting that users don’t have to interact with the new features.
- When writing a new post, users will start to see a revised suggestion that they can review and edit before finishing their post.
- Most notably, Nextdoor is launching a new “Assistant” feature that helps users on the app write better posts.
- The dedicated team will be hiring product leaders and engineers to advance the company’s use of AI across its platform.Last year, Nextdoor revamped its app with new profiles and more community-building features.
- Friar says Nextdoor plans to continue to test the features and make sure it’s rolling out the technology safely before making it available to everyone.
Neighborhood social networkNextdoor is introducing new features powered by generative AI, the company announced on Tuesday. Most notably, Nextdoor is launching a new Assistant feature that helps u [+3917 chars]