Snapchat sees spike in 1star reviews as users pan the My AI feature, calling for its removal
- For comparison, across Q1 2023, the Snapchat average U.S. App Store review was 3.05, with only 35% of reviews being one-star.The number of daily reviews has also increased by five times over the last week, the firm noted.Another app data provider, Apptopia, reports a similar trend.
- In any event, a number of these “5-star” reviews should be considered negative reviews or complaints, based on their actual commentary.Still, scrolling through the App Store reviews sorted by “Most Recent” shows how many complaints there are.
- Nobody at all wants AI on Snapchat.”Image Credits: Sensor Tower (analysis of Snapchat app reviews)Several other five-star reviews demand to block the AI or remove it, call it creepy or “crap” and yet the user has still rated the app five stars.
- Launched last week to global users after initially being a subscriber-only addition, Snapchat’s new AI chatbot powered by OpenAI’s GPT technology is now pinned to the top of the app’s Chat tab where users can ask it questions and get instant responses.
- Users are also sharing their complaints with Snapchat directly.After announcing the new chatbot in a tweet last week during Snap’s Partner Summit event, users took the replies to cite their grievances.Can we have the option to delete it?
- That would lead one to believe that the AI feature is divisive, as opposed to being widely panned.But a closer inspection of those five-star reviews indicates that many of them also include My AI complaints.
The user reviews for Snapchats My AI feature are in and theyre not good. Launched last week to global users after initially being a subscriberonly addition, Snapchats new AI chatbot powered b [+7791 chars]