Oura/Best Buy partnership brings the smart ring to 850 stores across the US
- The hardware-maker rode the early days of the pandemic to the top of the wearable ranks, establishing itself as the top smart ring maker by a mile.With the promise of detecting early COVID warning signals, the company struck up brand partnerships with some of the world’s leading sports leagues.
- Oura has had its share of controversy along the way, including the addition of a premium service that locked existing features behind a paywall.This time last year, the company announced that Tom Hale joined up as CEO, with a stated goal of scaling the company.
- “Introducing more people to the benefits of Oura’s technology and providing an impactful in-store and online experience with the help of Best Buy is an exciting step forward for us as a company.”The in-person experience is an important one for wearables.
- It’s a pretty good idea to try something on before plunking down a few hundred dollars plus subscription fee.Oura does have some brick and mortar presence already, but nothing that rivals the Best Buy deal.
- After all, products designed to be worn on your person represent an extra level of intimacy you don’t get with standard consumer electronics.
- The list includes limited availability in Gucci and Therabody stores, as well as SoftBank retail locations in Japan.
Its been a whirlwind few years for Oura. The hardwaremaker rode the early days of the pandemic to the top of the wearable ranks, establishing itself as the top smart ring maker by a mile.With the [+1450 chars]