Xaviar X Jernigan, the voice of Spotifys DJ, explains what its like to become an AI
- Still, having his voice memorialized as an AI is a unique experience.Spotify chose Jernigan to be the first voice model because his “voice and personality resonated with a lot of our listeners already,” Jernigan told TechCrunch.
- The company’s tech was responsible for building AI-based realistic voices, including the one used for Val Kilmer’s voice in “Top Gun: Maverick.”Prior to the acquisition, Spotify spent a few years researching AI-powered technology and worked on the DJ feature “in some iteration,” Jernigan noted.
- It’s gonna be me but it’s not me, and it’s text and voice, but it’ll sound like me, and it’s AI?”“For me, it was a new experience working with AI in this way.
- In March, Spotify launched its first AI-powered feature with the debut of its AI DJ — a smart audio guide with a convincingly realistic voice.
- As of February, the DJ feature is still in beta testing.“We got a whole bunch of really cool new features coming out across the board,” Jernigan said.
- I was just blown away,” he added.Spotify launches ‘DJ,’ a new feature offering personalized music with AI-powered commentarySpotify says its AI DJ was built using both Sonantic and OpenAI technologies.Sonantic is an AI startup that Spotify acquired last year.
In March, Spotify launched its first AIpowered feature with the debut of its AI DJ a smart audio guide with a convincingly realistic voice. That AI persona was actually based on a real person, as [+5902 chars]