Fintech startup Clear Street raises $270M at a $2B valuation
- Clear Street, which says it is building “modern infrastructure” for capital markets, has raised $270 million in the second tranche of a Series B funding round at a $2 billion valuation.Growth equity firm Prysm Capital led the financing, which brings the round total to $435 million.
- Prysm led that first tranche as well, which was the company’s first round of funding raised from outside investors.
- In February, Clear Street announced that it had received an undisclosed strategic investment from IMC Investments, the venture capital arm of IMC, a proprietary trading firm and global market maker.
- New York-based Clear Street raised the first tranche of the round in May of 2022 at a $1.7 billion valuation.
- These legacy systems are entrenched in manual processes and siloed data, resulting in costly errors and expensive technical debt,” he said.
- In total, Clear Street says it has $700 million “in capital,” including its external raise.
Clear Street, which says it is building modern infrastructure for capital markets, has raised $270 million in the second tranche of a Series B funding round at a $2 billion valuation.Growth equit [+3966 chars]