Amazon wants to boost ten generative AI startups around the globe
- Now, seven years later, Amazon has another AI accelerator — this time led by Amazon Web Services with a focus on the newest zeitgeist: generative artificial intelligence.Announced today, AWS has created a 10-week program for generative AI startups around the globe.
- Applications are open for the next two weeks and 10 startups will be chosen, the company says.AWS will not invest in the startups and does not yet have an AI/ML investment arm, it tells TechCrunch.
- Amazon’s first foray into the world of accelerator programs, designed to help early-stage startups build and launch, was focused on conversational AI back in 2016.
- Generative AI startup founders within the cohort can expect to have access to AI models and tools as well as machine learning stack optimization and custom go-to-market advice.
- Generative AI, says Rob Ferguson, AWS’ global head of AI/ML Startups, has unlocked new developments and creativity.
- There’s also a Demo Day in San Francisco at the end of the program.Accepted startups will receive up to $300,000 in AWS credits to help build their companies.
Amazons first foray into the world of accelerator programs, designed to help earlystage startups build and launch, was focused on conversational AI back in 2016. Now, seven years later, Amazon has a [+1815 chars]