Spotify is shutting down its live audio app Spotify Live
- The news was first reported by Music Ally.“After a period of experimentation and learnings around how Spotify users interact with live audio, we’ve made the decision to sunset the Spotify Live app,” a spokesperson told TechCrunch in an email.
- Although podcasts have been a hit for Spotify, the company seems to have struggled with live audio.It’s worth noting that Spotify isn’t the only company to pull back from live audio.
- The social media giant also discontinued its short-form audio Soundbites feature and its Audio hub.Spotify is ending production of several of its live audio shows
- The company then rolled out live weekly shows in the hopes of driving consumer adoption of its live audio service.
- Last year, Facebook integrated its Live Audio Rooms offering, which is its Clubhouse clone, into its Facebook Live experience.
- Originally known as Locker Room, the app had focused on live audio’s intersection with sports content.
Spotify is shutting down its liveaudio app Spotify Live, a spokesperson for the company confirmed to TechCrunch on Monday. The company says it will continue to explore live features on its main plat [+2557 chars]