Lun is in a mad rush to help heatpump installers decarbonize homes
- And they landed on streamlining the installation of heat pumps.“The simple reason we looked at heat pumps was it was mentioned in all the climate reports — you could find from the IPCC to the IEA to the European Union, everything — everyone mentioned heat pumps.
- Lun, a climate tech startup out of Denmark, is on a mission to help homes decarbonize fast — starting with heating systems and swapping out boilers for electric heat pumps.What are heat pumps?
- And that’s what we focus on right now.”Heat pumps are also just the start for Lun — as he says the big vision is for the platform to support tradespeople who’re able to apply a full sweep of renewable and decarbonizing technologies.
- (Figures for installations can vary considerably depending on the country but overall numbers are still low; market data from the European Heat Pump Association puts the total figure of regional installation at 16.98 million or around 14% of Europe’s heating market.
- And then now we see some countries moving with certain bans [on installing gas boilers after particular cut-off dates] and certain de facto obligations to instal heat pumps as your next in technology.
- So we need to make sure that it’s economically advantageous to instal heat pumps — and to instal these technologies more than anything else.“I believe that when that will happen is when it becomes worthwhile.
Lun, a climate tech startup out of Denmark, is on a mission to help homes decarbonize fast starting with heating systems and swapping out boilers for electric heat pumps.What are heat pumps? The [+12361 chars]