YouTube reinstates Donald Trumps account
- “We carefully evaluated the continued risk of real-world violence, while balancing the chance for voters to hear equally from major national candidates in the run up to an election.”1/ Starting today, the Donald J. Trump channel is no longer restricted and can upload new content.
- We carefully evaluated the continued risk of real-world violence, while balancing the chance for voters to hear equally from major national candidates in the run up to an election.— YouTubeInsider (@YouTubeInsider) March 17, 2023The reinstated account has 2.64 million subscribers and over four thousand videos.
- YouTube’s decision could have further implications if Trump’s campaign is able to run advertisements on YouTube; in 2020, his campaign spent over $10 million on digital ads in key states.In November, Twitter owner Elon Musk used a day-long poll to decide whether to reinstate Trump’s account.
- With 51.8% of users voting in favor, he replatformed the former president, who has not yet used his reinstated account.
- Last year, a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regarding TMTG’s intention to go public via SPAC revealed that Trump has contractual obligations to Truth Social regarding his posts.
- When Trump posts a “truth” on Truth Social, he cannot repost it to any other social network for six hours.TMTG has still not gone public.Elon Musk ends Trump’s Twitter ban
YouTube announced today that former President Donald Trumps YouTube channel will no longer be suspended. The account had been restricted in the week after the January 2021 riot on the U.S. Capitol b [+2246 chars]