Microsoft lays off an ethical AI team as it doubles down on OpenAI
- But employees told Platformer that the ethics and society team was responsible for ensuring Microsoft’s responsible AI principles are actually reflected in the design of products that ship.
- The team had been recently working to identify risks posed by Microsoft’s integration of OpenAI’s technology across its suite of products.The ethics and society team wasn’t very large — only about seven people remained after a reorganization in October.
- Microsoft laid off an entire team dedicated to guiding AI innovation that leads to ethical, responsible and sustainable outcomes.
- The company said every 1% of market share it could pry from Google would result in $2 billion in annual revenue.Microsoft couldn’t be reached for comment.
- Microsoft perhaps didn’t want to hear “No,” anymore as it became hell bent on taking market share away from Google’s search engine.
Microsoft laid off an entire team dedicated to guiding AI innovation that leads to ethical, responsible and sustainable outcomes. The cutting of the ethics and society team, as reported by Platformer [+2448 chars]