Were only beginning to see the impact of Silicon Valley Banks implosion
- The new feature brings the 16-year-old company closer to becoming an end-to-end personal finance management platform, also offering debt, credit building and checking and savings products, Credit Karma founder and CEO Kenneth Lin said in an interview.
- The fintech is backed by Lightrock, Novastar and QED, the global fintech investor whose managing partner Nigel Morris co-founded Capital One.Payments giant Stripe appears to still be trying (hard) to raise venture funding.
- Eric Newcomer reported last week that the company is now raising 6 BILLION DOLLARS instead of the $2 billion to $3 billion it was believed to be trying to secure, according to previous reports.
- The company’s latest Emerging Tech Research found specifically that global VC investment in the broader fintech space reached $57.6 billion across 2,747 deals in 2022, declines of 40.7% and 18.1% year-over-year, respectively.
- Oh, and for one fintech observer’s opinions on why the company, despite its challenges, “can’t lose,” head here.Construction tech startup Kojo is expanding into fintech.
- Says KPMG via e-mail: “We’re also seeing a continued focus on BNPL, AI offerings/tools, and M&A activity remaining slow through the first half of 2023.”Meanwhile, according to PitchBook, enterprise fintech startups are capturing more of the broader fintech VC pool.
Welcome toThe Interchange! If you received this in your inbox, thank you for signing up and your vote of confidence. If youre reading this as a post on our site, sign uphereso you can receive it d [+12247 chars]